Staying motivated isn’t easy, especially when it feels like the odds are stacked against you.
Just like showering, motivating yourself is something that you need to do every day if you want to be successful. Motivation comes in many different forms – it can range from the influence of other people, situations in life and it can even come from within. However, one thing we can agree on is that reading the words of inspirational people tends to have a profound effect on us.
Therefore, this post documents twenty-five motivational quotes from phenomenal women. Save any quotes that resonate with you so that you can reread them at a later date. Rereading them might just give you the extra zest that you need to make your day remarkable!
- “The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts … good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with.” — Michelle Obama
- “I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion you want, and do what makes you happy. That’s my life motto.” — Demi Lovato
- “As long as you keep a person down, some part of has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might.” — Marian Anderson
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” — Marie Curie
- “We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls: ‘You can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful. Otherwise, you will threaten the man.’ Because I am female, I am expected to aspire to marriage. I am expected to make my life choices, always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Now, marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support, but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same?” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “I can’t think of any other better representation of beauty than a someone who is unafraid to be herself.” — Emma Stone
- “I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” — Amy Schumer
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey
If you liked these quotes, then you’ll LOVE this free eBook that I made just for you. It’s called “50 Inspirational Quotes for Women by Women.” I enjoyed every second I spent making it, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading it too.
Click the image below to download your FREE copy. (Or click here.)